Introducing Barn Hunt
What is Barn Hunt?
Barn Hunt is training for you and your dog. We’re going to introduce you & your dog to Barn Hunt and answer questions about how to get involved in this fast growing sport.
The purpose of Barn Hunt is to demonstrate a dog’s vermin hunting ability in finding and marking rats in an above ground “barn-like” setting, using a straw/hay bale maze to introduce climbing and tunneling obstacles in the dog’s path. Rats in aerated tubes are hidden in the maze for the dog to find, and some tubes will be empty or only contain litter.
Barn Hunt is for ANY breed or mix of dog who loves to hunt, Barn Hunt is all inclusive and fun for any dog and human who wishes to play the game.
- Test hunting instinct in vermin hunting breeds (open to ALL breeds and mixes, you do not have to have a vermin hunting breed to play the game)
- You tell the judge when the dog has found the prey, demonstrating your communication and partnership with your dog
- At all times, the safety of the dogs, handlers, and rats is to be of paramount importance.
Workshops will be held throughout the summer and fall months.
Barn Hunt Trial – June 7th-9th
- Friday: 2 master & 2 Crazy 8 Classes offered
- Saturday and Sunday: Instinct, Novice, Open, Crazy 8 ,Senior and Master (2 trials, Instinct Test Trial 1 only)
Move-ups will be possible between trials if submitted within 30 minutes after conclusion of Trial 1.
$10 Instinct, $15 Novice, $20 Open, $24 Senior, $24 Master, $24 Crazy 8 Judge: Jane McLaughlin BHAJ-179A
Entries Open: 03/01/2019 Entries Close 05/28/2019 Entries limited to 120 per day or 8 hours of judging Late Entries available until 6/05/2019 if we do not fill. NO DOS
Trials are held outdoors, on grass, under a tent!
Barn Hunt Buddies Winter Trials
December 7th & 8th – 2 Full Trials
KayBee’s K9 Performance Bldg
1603 Woodside Ave
Bay City MI 48708
Introduction to Barn Hunt & Practice Sessions
Starting Mid-June 2019
Check our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/barnhuntbuddies/
Barn Hunt Buddies
For more information about our workshop view our events page or contact our office (810) 659-5951.